The Shutterstock watermark is a common issue for those who use this platform to source stock images. But, can you remove Shutterstock watermark?
Well, there are several ways like using software, editing the image, and more to remove the watermark from your Shutterstock images and make them look just the way you want them.
So, If you’ve ever been frustrated by the pesky Shutterstock watermark that appears on your images, you’re not alone.
Therefore, in this guide, we will discuss how to get rid of Shutterstock watermark. We will also provide tips and tricks to make the process as easy and efficient as possible. So, let’s get started.
But, before getting into the details, if you are new to Shutterstock, you can learn more about What is Shutterstock here.
How To Get Rid Of Shutterstock Watermark
According to GottaPics, a photography blog site, “Shutterstock is the epitome of reliable, high-quality, innovative, and user-friendly images.” But, the photos come with expenses.
Thankfully, there are different methods to use these images without watermarks. So, without any further ado, let’s find out how to get rid of Shutterstock watermark.
Method 1: Using The Shutterstock Free Trial
These are the legal ways to get Shutterstock images without watermarks. Shutterstock’s free trial offer lets you download 10 images without watermarks, and you don’t have to pay a single penny for them. Here, all you need is-
- Hit the “Start a free trial” button, and it will take you to the signup page.
- Fill out your billing address and payment method (it’s free).
- Click on the “complete checkout” button, and it’s done.
Note: The Shutterstock free trial actually gives you the first month for free of a one-year subscription. This means that if you keep your account active after the end of the first month, you will be charged $29 per month.
So, if you don’t want to continue with this monthly package, you need to cancel your Shutterstock free trial before the free trial period ends.
Method 2: Using Online Tools
You will find several watermark removal tools online which will let you remove the Shutterstock image’s watermark for free. So, here are some of the most popular ones that can remove the Shutterstock image watermark with ease.
- TopMediai MarkGo
MarkGo online free watermark remover tool not only removes watermarks from images but also from videos. It is one of the easiest and fast tools that use artificial intelligence techniques to remove watermarks from your Shutter stock images.
So, to do the work, you just need to follow the following three simple steps-
- Step 1: By clicking the Upload Image button upload the previously downloaded Shutterstock Image or you can drag and drop the image into the tool.
- Step 2: Once done, click on the Remove watermark Button.
- Step 3: Finally, download the watermark-free image.
- Wondershare PixCut
Another great online watermark remover tool is the Wondershare PixCut AI-aided tool that requires no prior editing skills. It supports image formats like JPG, PNG, JPEG, and BMP. So, here’s how to use this one-
- Step 1: Go to the tool and click on the “Remove watermark now” button.
- Step 2: Next, you can either drag and drop your file or click on “Upload Image”
- Step 3: Now, choose the brush size and select the areas where the watermarks appear.
- Step 4: Once done, click “start remove” and within a few seconds you will get the watermark-free image.
- Step 5: Now, you can download the image by clicking the download button from the top right side of the tool.
It is a free tool that can help you remove watermarks in seconds. You can use this watermark remover either by using its web server or downloading its app. Let’s find out how it works-
- Step 1: Go to the Watermark Remover page and click on the Upload Image button to add the image, or you can drag and drop.
- Step 2: Then, you can use Brush or Lasso to select the Shutterstock watermark.
- Step 3: Next, click on the Remove button. Besides, if you want you can use the crop feature to remove the Shutterstock watermark.
- Step 4: Finally, download the image.
Method 3: Using Adobe Photoshop
Using adobe photoshop software is one of the most efficient methods to delete the watermark embedded in the Shutterstock image. So, if you have basic knowledge of using photoshop, this can be a great help to remove the watermark with an enhanced photo resolution.
So, here we will share the steps to delete the Shutterstock image watermark using the patch tool-
- Step 1: Open the image in Photoshop either by clicking the File tab and then selecting the photo or just dragging and dropping the watermark image.
- Step 2: Now, select the Rectangular Marquee Tool or the shape tool and start dragging over the marks holding down the right mouse button.
- Step 3: Next, use the Photoshop “Fill” tool to blend with the surrounding color.
- Step 4: Finally, use the “Patch Tool” to replace the selected area with pixels from another or the same part of the image.
Why Does Shutterstock Have Watermark?
To make sure the authors get appropriate remuneration, avoid unauthorized use of the images and blatant stealing, etc., Shutterstock uses watermarks on its images.
Is It Legal To Use Shutterstock Images With Watermark?
Using an image from Shutterstock with its watermark is an infringement on the photographer’s and Shutterstock’s copyright claim to that photo. And, depending on the severity of the case, the punishment for infringing on copyright ranges from fines to imprisonment.
Is It Illegal To Remove Shutterstock Watermark?
The legal method to remove the Shutterstock watermark is to download the image by paying for an image pack or subscription plan. This way, the watermark will be automatically removed.
In conclusion, getting rid of the Shutterstock watermark from your image is a relatively easy process with some patience and the right tools.
With the right tools and know-how, you can quickly and easily remove the watermark from your images. However, the best way to do this is to use an image editing program like Photoshop, or an online Watermark Remover tool and a few moments of your time.
Finally, we hope, with our “how to get rid of Shutterstock watermark” guide, you can quickly and easily remove watermarks from your images, giving you high-quality images free of any unwanted watermarks.